Sunday, June 19, 2011

Wear my shoes, will ya?




Wear my shoes, will ya?
Black, white, red, tan...
They twirl, tap and trot
They pinch, tear and bite.

Sandals, flip-flops, flats...
Walk a mile in them
Kick the moon, touch the stars.
May be a little jig on the streets?
They are nice you know, my shoes.

They've walked on beds of roses
And ruffled many a golden autumn leaf.
They've felt the chill of seeping rain
And the dull numbing of life from snow.
Wear them, won't ya? My shoes?

They've climbed haughty mountains
And roamed meadows green.
They've hopped through scarring battles
And loitered on days clean.

Wear my shoes damned!
They'll take you there.


6 comments:

  1. I felt your angst hit me like angry sand in the eyes. Your is simply gorgeous beyond words!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maneesha di, I'm glad you like it. Your appreciation means a lot. Thank you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, you're most welcome! :) And btw, I meant "Your writing is simply gorgeous beyond words!!" :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...