Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Home



"Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home."

~ Basho

Home. After two years. That familiar sparkle of happiness on two sets of tired, waiting faces. Those old, unaltered spaces of comfort. Books, old and new, awaiting my arrival, neatly stacked by my father. The enchantment of summer all around. My mother's garden, a playground of colours. Faint whiff of hibiscus in the air; some decked up, fresh and dewy, on the sacred basil every morning. Mangoes galore, those forever summer magnets. Their trees laden with fruit, an orchestra pad for cuckoos and other chatty birds. Wake up calls and evening ballads they leave behind, every day. And every day the journey gets lovelier, more complete.

Of course, Ma's food adds the final dollop of bliss to this perfect summer recipe.

19 comments:

  1. You paint a tiny, perfect picture of summer where you are and it makes me think that you are feeling that you are home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always, you guessed it right. Those few days at home were the best till date.

      Delete
  2. Hello:
    What an absolutely evocative post which, through such wonderful description, serves to enchant the reader.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jane and Lance, I'm so very glad that I could enchant you through this post. Thank you for the applaud!

      Delete
  3. What a perfect post, blogging as haiku almost!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never thought of that haiku aspect, but now that you say it, I'm elated. And somewhat proud of myself, too!

      Delete
  4. wonderful portrayal. A perfect post.
    www.rajnishonline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy your post. Already add you on my favorite blog list.
    www.rajnishonline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for your lovely comments. It means a lot to be so appreciated.

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful post! It's a perfect description of summer and, of course, happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sheer happiness it was for that one whole week! Thank you.

      Delete
  7. This sounds so wonderful. I love your post about your home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alexandria. Home always adds that extra bit in writing, isn't it?!

      Delete
  8. The joy of returning home captured in just one short paragraph. It needs no further explanation, these words said it all, a picture that came alive for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Friko. I'm glad that I could paint a good enough picture of home for you.

      Delete
  9. Wonderful post!! Felt so nice reading it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...